I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Sunday, August 5, 2007

Update...

A lot has happened in the last week. Wish I had had email access the whole time so I could update more frequently. I'll try not to make this too long. (Yeah, right!)

Mukaa was great! The Lord worked out so many details! The team did great, overall. Of course it is a little difficult to have 19 people living together for three days in such conditions. Everyone handled it very well. Other than the mice in the night (which were really loud!!), we all slept well, too. Some of the college kids slept outside.

Mr. Mayoli was so glad to have us all. When I was apologizing for all the mud we tracked in after the rain and asking for a broom, he said, "No, no, you will not do that. It is not a problem. It is a blessing. There are many wonderful people in my house this weekend. Today, I am not a lonely old man." What a precious man!

The team split up and visited several families and delivered groceries. I went with a group to visit Nduku, the same lady our group visited last year. I was anxious to see her and the girls. What a blessed time! I think we were the only group that really connected with our family. The girls came to meet us and walk with us to their home. They are beautiful! Nduku met us awhile later as we were walking. I did not recognize her! She looked amazing! So much healthier! She told the lady with us that she did not even remember the group coming last time because she was so ill. What a blessing to see how the Lord has worked in her life and begun to restore her health. Continue to pray for her and her girls. The youngest two have been sick. We have left money to have them all tested for TB and HIV, both of which Nduku has been diagnosed with.

I have posted some random pictures. Would love to tell more stories of how God has worked, and is continuing to work, but I am out of time. I am so blessed to have more time here to continue some of the ministry that was begun while our team was here. I will share more about that later. I have brought Musila with me to the cyber to show him how the internet works, and we have been here for two hours! I'm sure he is bored and ready to go!

Right now, you can pray for...

Daniel - a Maasai man whom Judy Holzman and I prayed with as he received Christ!!! He is now facing the challenge of what it means to be Maasai AND a Christian. The Lord has placed a few other Maasai Christians in his life that can disciple and help him as he begins this new venture in life.

Mwengela - Musila's brother, Mwende's father who knows that God is calling him to be a Christian, but he is struggling with relinquishing his own will and submitting to the Lord. He says he will become a Christian one day, but "not now."

Tom - my friend, who we got to know as he drove us last year. He was so much more than "our driver!" I don't know what all is going on with him now, but I am very concerned for him. I have talked to him several times, and just have an overwhelming burden to pray for him. As undirected as it is, please join me in lifting him before the Father.

1 comments:

Ulovebeth said...

Trena! I just looked at your blog for the first time in awhile. So good to hear good news about Nduku. She and her girls are always in my prayers. I love Mr. Mayoli. Gotta read the rest. Read you are home.
love,
Beth R

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...