I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Friday, June 11, 2010

A Busy Weekend Ahead

Things have been so very busy here the past few weeks. I have been back and forth from Nairobi to Nakuru more times than I can count. Julia and I have moved into our house in Nakuru and I have been trying to get the baby house prepared for the babies to come. The house is much smaller than our house in Ngong, but it will be MUCH better suited for a baby house. One floor, no stairs! Woo hoo!

We finally made HUGE progress with the baby house this week (SERIOUS cleaning needed to be done, electrical wiring, a few plumbing things, and wood floors re-done) so we are planning to move the babies there on Sunday. Whew! I'm already exhausted and we haven't even left yet. What an undertaking to move a house full of seven babies and three live-in staff, not to mention Julia & I. I don't know which is harder to prepare for - the move itself or the actual logistics of getting the babies there. Feeding 8 babies while traveling?!?!? Maybe I should have paid closer attention to Jon & Kate Plus 8 to get a few tips.

In order to take full advantage of the fun opportunities we have in Nairobi before we leave, we are going on a field trip (WITH ALL 8 BABIES) tomorrow. We are going to the Elephant Orphanage and the Giraffe Center!!! Yes, I know, I know. Should have planned ahead a little bit, Trena! Well, I have had great intentions to take the babies to these places many times over the past few months, but it has just never worked out. And now I know I would regret it forever if I don't do it before we leave. So rather than spending the day before we leave trying to get ultra-prepared, we are going to play! Yikes!!! What am I thinking???!?!?!

So....
Saturday = Elephants & Giraffes
Sunday = MOVING DAY!!

Prayers welcome. :-)

(And by the way...Welcome back to HOH, Auntie Jackie!)

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...