I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Monday, July 20, 2009

Last Visit to Flomina

Today was a very bittersweet day.

A team from Houston's First Baptist Church is here. They are the reason I first got connected to Flomina. It was good to see them here with the kids. At Flomina, Sam and I talk a lot about HFBC, as they are one of our greatest supporters. However, with so much turmoil going on with the Flomina management and such, it was a day of mixed emotions. We have finally come to the realization that our (HCO's) involvement with Flomina is not a display of good stewardship of our time, resources, or finances. After much prayer and counsel from others (especially William and Jamie from HFBC) we have decided to discontinue our partnership with Flomina. It is very heart-breaking. As we continue to resolve some major issues, dealing with misrepresentation and mismanagement of funds, my biggest prayer is for these beautiful children of Flomina. I have sought the Lord greatly over this situation and He spoke so clearly to my heart a few weeks ago, telling me that HE is their Father. He can care for them far greater than I or any other person can. It is time for me to do what He has set for me to do at this time and let Him be the Caregiver and Provider for these children. That was a hard message for me to hear. I battled defeat, discouragement and feelings of failure. But in the moment of being at Flomina on Monday and seeing all that was going on around me, listening/talking to many people involved, I felt a supernatural peace and release from that area of ministry. Please do continue to pray for the children of Flomina. Here they are, the oldest ones, during my last visit to the home....
Other than that, today consisted of....
* an early meeting with my former landlord to do a walk-through of my old place,

* a short visit with my friend Jennifer who used to be my neighbor, catching up on our ministries and her recent marriage,

* going across town to buy fabric for curtains for the bedroom windows,

* going to Flomina (more about that below)

* meeting Sam from Flomina in Nairobi,

* stopping at Java for lunch/dinner/internet time
* writing job descriptions for HCO staff,

* going home to find that electricity was off! :-(

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...