I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Heshima Update

Heshima has started the year with expansion!! This is the center for children with special needs. We have added space and added children!

Tracey, the founder of Heshima, rented the space next door in January. We knew a few months ago that the Lord would open that space up for us, and He did! Then we just had to wait for Tracey to get the funds to be able to commit to additional rent. Again, God provided. So, we had a wall knocked out and opened up a whole other side to Heshima.










One of my favorite parts of teaching kindergarten and preschool special needs was setting up the classroom! I love it! I got to do that fun part at Heshima. I set it up very much like our zone teaching area in PPCD (Preschool Program for Children with Disabilities). It was especially helpful for our children with autism. We don't have any with autism at Heshima yet, but it is still providing to be a great system for the little guys we do have.




























Here are a few pics from our Valentine's Day party. They LOVED it! Such a special treat for these special kids!



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, I would love to be there! I am teacher severe and profound kiddos now and I would love to be there

Trena said...

Oh, that's cool, Allie! I can see you doing that! I bet you're great at it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...