I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Saturday, September 13, 2008

in Texas...Pre-Ike

Wow....it's been over a month since I posted! Guess I'm feeling so disconnected from home.

I've been crazy busy since I've been back. I will be here for a
bout 2 more weeks before returning to Kenya.

But....I'm so glad I'm still here for the Ike drama! I may not
feel the same when I'm awake and taking shelter in the small bathroom with Kris and my tow yellow labs!!

I have a whole new respect for the people of Florida and other places who live through hurricanes multiple times a year. It's a crazy feeling to see people board
ing up in my own home neighborhood!!















I am staying with Kris. She and I were roommates for several years before I bought my house a few blocks away. Hurricane Ike is huge, and although we are far inland, we are in the direct path of the eye of the hurricane. I am so glad I'm not a home-owner now!

But, we're prepared! We're all set...complete with the inside bathroom set up with our tornado preparedness kit! Radio, extra batteries, candles, lighter, water, granola bars & pe
anut butter crackers...

And not to forget the blanket (notice that it matches my shower curtain), cushions, water for the dogs, and even a comfort "baby" for Tag....

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...