I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Victor's New Family

I mentioned the other day that I had met a lady at New Life Home who was coming to visit her new son every day. Well, Victor has now gone to his new home with his very own mommy and daddy! It was such a blessing to meet and get to see “the rest of the story!”

This home is filled with beautiful babies! In the room I volunteer in, there are nine baby boys from 3 – 7 months. The NICU, which has the babies from birth until they are healthy enough to be in this older class, now has six babies. Knowing that these babies are not only nursed back to health from a very bleak beginning of life, but are also given the opportunity to have a new life with a real family is simply amazing! This is a home for abandoned and orphaned HIV babies. Who would guess that their lives could be so turned around to be offered such hope! This is something I wish everyone could see and be a part of! It is a great picture and reminder of the new life each of us are offered in Christ!

I go to New Life Home every day at 11am. I invite you to pray with me for this wonderful place that offers hope, healing, and a home to these babies, as well as for the many caregivers who are loving these children every day.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Trena, What you are doing at the New Life Home is what I've always dreamed of!!!! I really really want to come and visit and volunteer and see what its like....and i was thinking tonight and told Dennis...i think that we should open a New Life home in Busia where we dreamed of having a home for HIV babies or other abandoned babies...hmmm!! And you should be the one to start it for us since you have the experience...hmmm...seriously, i really want to come to nairobi and go with you to the new life home when we get to Kenya!! I think there's one in Mombasa also

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...